In 1983, the Women’s Crisis Center was founded for victims of domestic violence in the Victoria area. That small program has grown and expanded to the wide array of services we currently provide. Our specially trained and dedicated staff provide 24-hour hotline counseling and crisis intervention as well as emergency shelter services for victims of family violence and their children. Other services include:
- One-on-one counseling
- Accompaniment and advocacy to court, law enforcement agencies, and medical services
- Information and referral for protective orders and for divorce or custody issues
- Assistance to clients in obtaining other needed services
- Emergency clothing for adults and children
- Household items for families leaving the emergency shelter
- Presentations by trained staff to local agencies, businesses, churches, and other organizations
- Professional training with CEUs available for LPCs and Social Workers
- Battering Intervention and Prevention Program (BIPP) information available HERE.
SUPPORT GROUPS AVAILABLE
Topics include: domestic violence, sexual assault, self-care, and others
For more information call 361-573-HELP (4357)
City and county officials support victim services.