What is re-housing?
It is a program to help people who have are homeless, come from the streets or a shelter, and would remain homeless but for this assistance. To qualify for re-housing assistance rental units must meet HUD Fair Market Rent rates and participants must provide evidence of homelessness. Financial assistance is provided to support housing, and is time limited.
Service plans for program participants are individualized based on their needs, circumstances and market conditions, and focus on helping households find and keep housing. This typically includes landlord outreach and help with the process of housing search. Other types of supportive services may be provided as needed by links to mainstream programs or partner agencies (i.e., mental health services, substance abuse treatment, medical services, child care, etc.).
Do I Qualify?
Applicants must be a person or persons who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence and lives
- In places not meant for human habitation, such as cars, parks, sidewalks, abandoned buildings (on the street).
- In an emergency shelter or in transitional or supportive housing for homeless persons who originally came from the streets or emergency shelters.
- Is being discharged within a week from an institution, such as a mental health or substance abuse treatment facility or a jail/prison, in which the person has been a resident for more than 30 consecutive days and no subsequent residence has been identified and the person lacks the resources and support networks needed to obtain housing.
- Is fleeing or attempting to flee a domestic violence housing situation and no subsequent residence has been identified and lacks the resources and support networks needed to obtain housing.
Information You Will Need to Apply:
Required Documentation for Assistance to Individuals/Families who are Literally Homeless:
- ID & Social
- Court Ordered Eviction or Self Declaration of Housing
- Pay stubs equal to one month’s income or Verification of Employment or Self Declaration Income
- Request for Unit Approval
Ways to Apply
- Download an application for Re-Housing
- Visit the Mid-Coast Family Services office and pick up an application.
- Request an application by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail at 361-575-7842.